Terms & Conditions
Barnes Children’s Literature Festival
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of the tickets available for purchase for performances at the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival (the “Festival”).
The Festival delivers ticketed performances and free activities. These are collectively referred to as ‘events’ in this document, unless specified otherwise.
The following terms and conditions are included in the body of this document, but in order to remove doubt:
Tickets to Festival events can only be purchased online from the website www.barneskidslitfest.org.
Only legal adults may purchase tickets. Tickets purchased by an adult may be used by people other than the ticket purchaser, but may not be re-sold. Tickets that are re-sold are void.
Your ticket is a contract between you and the Festival, however Ticket Source Limited’s terms and conditions should be read in addition to the Festival’s own terms and conditions.
Ticket Exchange and Refund
Tickets cannot be exchanged after purchase. Refunds will not be offered unless a performance is cancelled and a suitable alternative is not available. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Discounts cannot be offered for tickets to Festival events.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, the Festival will not be held responsible for any expenses, such as accommodation, transport or sustenance incurred by the ticket holder.
Rules of Admission to Festival performances
A valid ticket must be produced in order to gain access to a performance.
“Valid” means that the ticket must be for the performance that the ticket holder wishes to enter; the ticket has been purchased by or on behalf of the ticket holder, the ticket has been purchased for the correct price from the Festival’s website.
Please check the date, time, venue and performance on the issued ticket. Every effort will be made to rectify mistakes but this cannot always be done after the ticket has been purchased.
The ticket remains the property of the Festival.
The Festival reserves the right to alter a promoted performance at short notice should the unlikely need arise. In this case, the Festival will not be obliged to refund or exchange a ticket. This does not affect your statutory rights.
The Festival cannot be held liable or responsible for loss of or damage to your personal property at any performance or venue, nor in transit to or from a performance or venue.
The use of any recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
Conditions of Entry to Festival Venues
The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to ticket holders and/or to enforce removal of any individual from a venue in certain situations including if the ticket holder, whether an adult or a child:
The Festival’s liability to the ticket holder or ticket purchaser is limited to the purchase price of the tickets purchased.
Primary Schools’ Programme
The Primary Schools’ Programme is delivered by the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival Community Interest Company (the ‘Festival’).
These Primary Schools’ Programme Terms and Conditions form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival.
The Primary Schools’ Programme comprises a number of events. For the removal of doubt, an ‘event’ is a single performance that is delivered in a Festival venue. All Primary Schools’ Programme events are ticketed, all tickets are free of charge and tickets are only available on application.
Tickets to Primary Schools’ Programme events can only be accessed by filling out and submitting the online booking form available via the Primary Schools’ Programme pages of the Festival website: https://www.barneskidslitfest.org/schools-2023/
Primary Schools’ Programme tickets are subject to availability. The applicant booking on behalf of their school will receive a booking confirmation email from the Festival.
Schools may not book more than one year group per event. This allows more schools to take part.
The Festival reserves the right to alter the Primary Schools’ Programme without notice in the unlikely event that it is necessary to do so.
Primary Schools’ Programme tickets may not be sold. Tickets that are sold are void.
A condition of booking events for the Schools’ Programme is that the school agrees to distribute the Festival programme to the school community, either as a physical copy or as a PDF. If the school does not agree to this, bookings from that school cannot be accepted.
Amending a booking
If a school needs to change or amend their booking in any way, this must be done as soon as possible by email to email@example.com .
The school representative will receive an email from the Festival confirming the outcome of the change request. Depending on the nature of the request, the Festival cannot guarantee that the request will be accommodated (eg. a request to increase your group size or a request to switch to a different event).
If a school needs to cancel a booking or part of a booking, the school must inform the Festival as soon as possible as the Festival may be able to reassign seats to another class or school from its waiting list.
To cancel a booking or part of a booking, a school must submit a Schools’ Programme Cancellation Form, which can be found on the Venue booking webpage.
The Festival will follow up the cancellation notification with an email confirmation to the school’s representative, confirming that the cancellation notification has been received.
In the unlikely event that a class or school fails to attend the event they have booked, or that a class or school cancels a booking within 30 days of the event date, the Festival reserve the right to apply a cancellation fee of £2.50 per ticket booked, which will be invoiced to the school.
The Festival understand that absences happen, so no charge will be incurred if only a few members of a class or school are unable to attend.
In the event of the cancellation of an event, the Festival will not be held responsible for any expenses, such as transport or sustenance incurred by the school or class.
Rules of Admission to Primary Schools’ Programme events
Conditions of Entry to Festival Venues
The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to attendees and/or to enforce removal of any individual from a venue in certain situations including if the attendee, whether an adult or a child:
Photography and filming
Official Festival photographers and film crews may be present at Primary Schools’ Programme events. The output from any filming or photography will only be used for Festival reporting and for promotional purposes. Schools may be named but individuals names are never disclosed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The recording or filming of Festival events or other activities by audience members is strictly prohibited.
The Festival’s liability to the class or school is limited to the purchase price of the tickets ordered by the class or school.
Barnes Children’s Literature Festival Competitions’ Terms & Conditions
The Competitions’ Terms and Conditions apply to all competitions held by the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival Community Interest Company (“Festival”) unless specified in the Promotions Post for each competition.
1. Festival competitions are open to all United Kingdom citizens to enter. Those under 18 must have permission from their parent or guardian to enter. The Festival’s decisions with regard to eligibility and winning entries are final.
2. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
3. You can enter a competition using the instructions provided in the competition’s Promotion Post. By entering a Festival competition you give the Festival permission to contact you regarding the competition you have entered.
4. Prize draws will take place after the end date of each competition. Winners will be notified via direct message, email or phone call. If a winner does acknowledge messages within four days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and the Festival reserves the right to choose another winner. Prizes will be posted via second class post to the provided address(es).
5. By entering a Festival competition, you give the Festival permission to use any images or content provided for marketing purposes. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photographand any comments in such publicity.
6. Prizes given are not exchangeable for credit or tickets to other events.
7. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
8. The Festival reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend any competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
9. The Festival reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
10. The Festival will not cover any costs associated with travel, subsistence or accommodation for any event for which tickets to an event is a prize.
11. Barnes Children’s Literature Festival Community Interest Company. Registration number 9248735. Address: 11-12 Hallmark Trading Centre, Fourth Way, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0LB, UK.
Events Outside the Control of the Festival
Failure of a Performer
The Festival will not be liable should a performer fail to appear for any or a substantial part of a scheduled performance for which a ticket holder possesses a ticket.
Force Majeure Events
The Festival will not be held liable for any failure of or delay or interruption to the performance of this agreement for reasons that fall outside the reasonable control of the Festival. These Force Majeure Events include, but are not limited to, earthquake, fire, natural disaster, act of God, armed conflict and terrorism.
Law and Jurisdiction
The terms, conditions and contracts for purchase of tickets for the Festival will be governed by English law. Any disputes or claims arising from the terms, conditions or contracts will be subject solely and exclusively to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
About the Festival
The Barnes Children’s Literature Festival is a Community Interest Company number 09248735.