Terms & Conditions
Barnes Children’s Literature Festival
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of the tickets available for purchase for performances at the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival (the “Festival”).
The following terms and conditions are included in the body of this document, but in order to remove all doubt:
- Ticket holders under the age of 11 years must be accompanied by an adult in order to gain entry to a venue and to remain in the venue for the duration of the performance.The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to unaccompanied ticket holders who are under that age of 11 years
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the programme without notice in the unlikely event that it is necessary to do so
The Old Sorting Office Community Arts Centre (OSO) is selling tickets on behalf of the Festival via the OSO’s service provider, Ticket Source Limited.
Tickets to the Festival can be purchased only through the OSO.
Only legal adults may purchase tickets.Tickets purchased by an adult may be used by people other than the ticket purchaser, but may not be re-sold.
Please see the OSO and Ticket Source Limited’s terms and conditions of sale.Your ticket is a contract between you and the Festival, however, the OSO and Ticket Source Limited’s terms and conditions should be read in addition to the Festival’s own terms and conditions.
Ticket Exchange and Refund
Tickets cannot be exchanged after purchase.Refunds will not be offered unless a performance is cancelled and a suitable alternative is not available.This does not affect your statutory rights.
Discounts cannot be offered for tickets to the event.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, the Festival will not be held responsible for any expenses, such as accommodation, transport or sustenance incurred by the ticket holder.
Rules of Admission to Festival performances
- A valid ticket must be produced in order to gain access to a performance
- “Valid” means that the ticket must be for the performance that the ticket holder wishes to enter; the ticket has been purchased by or on behalf of the ticket holder, the ticket has been purchased from the OSO (as an agent of the Festival) and for the correct price
- Please check the date, time, venue and performance on the issued ticket.Every effort will be made to rectify mistakes but this cannot always be done after the ticket has been purchased
- The ticket remains the property of the Festival
- Tickets may not be re-sold.Tickets that are re-sold are void
- The Festival reserves the right to alter a promoted performance at short notice should the unlikely need arise.In this case, the Festival will not be obliged to refund or exchange a ticket.This does not affect your statutory rights
- The Festival cannot be held liable or responsible for loss of or damage to your personal property at any performance or venue, nor in transit to or from a performance or venue
- The use of any recording equipment is strictly forbidden
Conditions of Entry to Festival Venues
The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to ticket holders and/or to enforce removal of any individual from a venue in certain situations including if the ticket holder, whether an adult or a child:
- Breaches a term or condition of the ticket
- Is under the age of 11 and is not accompanied by an adult
- Is abusive to Festival volunteers, staff and/or customers
- Is disruptive to any session, performance and/or activity of the Festival
- Causes or contributes to any issue of safety to the ticket holder, other ticket holders, staff, volunteers or performances
- Breaches or causes the Festival to breach conditions of hire of a venue used by the Festival
The Festival’s liability to the ticket holder or ticket purchaser is limited to the purchase price of the tickets purchased.
Events Outside the Control of the Festival
Failure of a Performer
The Festival will not be liable should a performer fail to appear for any or a substantial part of a scheduled performance for which a ticket holder possesses a ticket.
Force Majeure Events
The Festival will not be held liable for any failure of or delay or interruption to the performance of this agreement for reasons that fall outside the reasonable control of the Festival.These Force Majeure Events include, but are not limited to, earthquake, fire, natural disaster, act of God, armed conflict and terrorism.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY COMPETITION, EACH ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO COMPLY WITH AND ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES
The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the giveaway competitionin whole or in part at any time during the Promotion Period.
Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organisations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to submit more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods except as provided below in “Referrals”, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All entries must be submitted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to eligible. THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS. The Sponsor is responsible for the collection of entries and the overall administration of the giveaway competition. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the giveaway in whole or in part at any time during the Promotion Period.
No cash or other alternative will be offered in whole or in part for any of the available prizes or gifts except, in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or gift of equal or greater value.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. The sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Prizes will be delivered within 20 days of the Sponsor receiving acknowledgement of acceptance of a Prize from the Winner.
THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
If applicable, the prize does not include transportation of any kind, unless stated otherwise on the official Barnes Children’s Literature Festival giveaway post. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure he/she arrives. In the circumstances of delay, cancellation or postponement of the flight, no refund will be given for any expenses incurred by the winner. Personal expenses such as transportation outside of the scheduled activities, photos, souvenirs, excursions and food are the responsibility of winner.
The Sponsor will require the winner’s consent before processing any personal identifiable information for each category listed below.
Law and Jurisdiction
The terms, conditions and contracts for purchase of tickets for the Festival will be governed by English law.Any disputes or claims arising from the terms, conditions or contracts will be subject solely and exclusively to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
About the Festival
The Barnes Children’s Literature Festival is a Community Interest Company number 09248735.