London LitSoc Kids' Book Club
Welcome to LitSoc!
Meet your next favourite author at our new kids’ book club
LitSoc is all about sharing our love of reading for fun.
Every month we’ll choose a book to read and then we’ll get together with the author to hear great stories, and find out more about their wonderful characters and messages.
We’ll be reading books by some of the biggest names in kids’ books, a few exciting new voices and a couple of classics so you can bring a copy you may already have, or borrow one from your school or local library.
At LitSoc you’ll have the chance to discover new authors and genres, hobnob with the writers you’ve been reading, share your ideas and ask your own questions in a warm and welcoming space at St Paul’s School here in Barnes.
What do we do at LitSoc?
- Read the book! You don’t have to buy one. You can borrow a copy from your school or local library.
- Try and finish the book before we meet so that you won’t be too worried about spoilers!
- Come along to our meeting where the author will join us for an hour or so to bring their book to life
- You’ll have time to ask your own questions and share your thoughts with your book club friends
- Afterwards there’ll be a chance to meet the author and have your book signed PLUS
- Every month we’ll have a list of books to read after book club which we also think you’ll love AND
- We’ll also pick a wildcard each month which is a book we think might surprise you.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get reading and we’ll see you at LitSoc!
Saturday 3 December 2022
Loki: A Bad God’s Guide to Being Good
by Louie Stowell
2.00pm – 3.15pm
Suitable for 7+ years
After one trick too many, Loki, the god of mischief is banished to live on Earth as an eleven year old school boy. If he can mend his ways within a month, he can return to Asgard. And if he can’t? Then it’s eternity in a pit of angry snakes. As if the horrors of school weren’t challenging enough, Loki is banned from using his AWESOME godly powers and (even worse) must put up with his brother Thor tagging along and making him look bad…Will he learn his lesson?
It’s your Loki day! Join bestselling author and Norse myths superfan Louie Stowell for this hilarious event based on the first book from her smash hit series, Loki: A Bad God’s Guide to Being Good. There will be live drawing and fun tips for creating your own comics, as well as some cool facts about Norse gods and pranking like Loki!
Louie Stowell started her career writing carefully-researched books about space, ancient Egypt, politics and science but eventually let the facts slide and started making stuff up. She started writing very funny books in 2019 when her debut The Dragon in the Library was published, followed by The Monster in the Lake in 2020, The Wizard in the Wood and her stand alone middle grade magical fantasy adventure Otherland in 2021. Loki: A Bad God’s Guide to Being Good was her first project as both author and illustrator and was an instant number one bestseller and the sequel, Loki: A Bad God’s Guide to Taking the Blame was published in August.